15 October 2007

Jack solves the world's problems ...

Sunday:

Jack: "Mamma, are you Grandma's child?"

Me: "Yes, I am."

Jack: "And Dad is Mormor's child?"

Me: "Yes."

Jack: "And TJ and Corey are your babies and Mike and Joel are Dad's babies?"

Me: "Yes, that's right."

Jack: "Who is Auntie K's child?"

Me: "Auntie K doesn't have a child."

Jack: "Why not?"

<pause>

Me: Well ... sometimes life just works out that way. Not everyone has a child. Not everyone wants a child."

Jack: "It's sad that Auntie K doesn't have a child."

Me: "Yes, I guess it is. Auntie K would be a wonderful mother, wouldn't she, Jack?"

<long pause>

Jack: "I Know! Auntie K loves me very much. I'll be Auntie K's child!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that's so sweet! I love it when kids have thoughts like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *laugh* me, too -- the birth of empathy is so cool!!

    ReplyDelete

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!