03 May 2008

We had our first barbecue of the season yesterday, in honour of Jack's fifth birthday. Turnout was light -- and we had a blast!

Jack and the beanstalk
In other news, I have a chance to audition my photography to show locally. I have been pondering whether to do it or not and keep coming back to "Yeah, but none of it is 'presentation ready', and I don't want to spend the money...and then be stuck with large, display ready pieces afterward." Of course selling just a few pieces could pay for the printing and matting. Selling a few more could actually turn a profit. But...what's the chances of that? I'm still thinking. ;) But it looks like a few pieces may be picked up for publication in a small homeschooling magazine. That's fun!

The Mothers Day cards are coming along -- two are ready to go, so I guess my muse is back. And to help her along, a friend of mine loaned me an Accu-cut last night. I'm not sure how long I'll have it to play with, but I am, needless to say, immensely excited!

A different friend has lots a lot of weight recently and gave me some of her cast-offs. Thing is, S has far better taste than I will ever have. The clothes are front office-quality and look great (and very professional) on me. Every time I wear something to work, several people comment positively. That has been such a boost to me confidence!

Speaking of work...I'm not sure where the time went, but it's time I was in the shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!