08 August 2007

Walking update

I am back to my 10 miles or so a week! Hurray!!!!

The new shoes were a great help and my feet and legs stopped hurting after a week and a half of wearing them whenever I was on my feet at all.

Oddly, my back and neck had started to be very stiff and sore and that was discouraging me from walking, too. I wasn't sure whether that was from bad shoes for too long -- but it seemed unlikely. Turned out it was a coincidence. Mark created a stand to boost my monitor at work about eight inches and within a day and a half, the pain was ebbing. Thanks, Mark!!!! Now I need to find a way to do that at home -- but I think lowering the seat eight inches will work better there. My computer hutch is pretty limiting that way... hmmm

Anyway, my time is dropping on the main leg of my walk and within a week or so, I may very well add another half mile a day. Of course, Mark is also adding milage, which boosts mine, too. But I am shooting for a total of 60 minutes a day walking. Between the company for one part and the book for the other, this is going great! The book even gets me out there when it's sweltering. I am happy to drip as long as I can read!!!

And I love how strong and energetic I feel with all this walking. I may even work on ways to add a weight lifting routine a few times a week ... right after I figure out how to squeeze crafting time in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!