20 February 2008

WOW!!!!

As I came home last night, I almost tripped over a HUGE box that was sitting in front of the front door. Since I had my hands full, I called Rod to come and help, and we looked at each other and asked “What is it?” each assuming the other had ordered something. Nope, neither of us had…we were puzzled.

We checked the mailing label – yes, it was delivered to the right house.

I looked at the return label, and remembering our conversation last week, I had a hunch – but no, that seemed improbable. This box was HUGE.

With great excitement, we tore into the packaging.

It *IS*!! Not one Foxfire book, but the whole set!!! Amazing! Astonishing! I handed a volume to Rod and explained the background of these things…his eyes were wide.

We dug around until we found the packing slip – sure enough, these are from our dear friend, Mark, who even in pain and recovering from is always ready to do a kindness!

We read the covers of each volume to each other with growing excitement – and then Rod burst out laughing. He laughed so hard he had tears in his eyes…

I was puzzled.

Wiping the tears from his eyes, but still grinning “This isn’t only an amazing gift – this is also a great joke! Mark has a subtle sense of humour, but sharp, very sharp!”

???

Ohhhhh …. <grin> “Yep, now we can be even more ‘almost Amish’”

Thank you, Mark! Thank you so much … I have never even dreamed of the extravagance of owning those books, but I am excited beyond words by them and can’t wait to read them all!

Thank you!!

m

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!