11 June 2008

Almost Home

Rod and Jack are just a few hours away -- Rod has been so sweet about keeping me posted!

I'm off to make soup and bake cranberry bread for their dinner before I head to the airport.

From: Rodney B. Smith

Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 11:59 AM

hi hon,

we're back in the states, things are running smoothly thus far

its 8:35 and our flight leaves at 10:35

hope all is well

see you soon

r

On Jun 11, 2008, at 11:59 AM, Misti Delaney wrote:

Thank you so much for writing, hon. I have been thinking of little but the pair of you all day.

I had hoped to have the house sparkling, but the jet lag and then losing Min slowed me down. It's not close to done yet.

What time, exactly, am I expecting you? And you're on American, yes?

What flight number?

From: Rodney B. Smith

Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:40 PM

American flight 2312

due at 21:15 which is 9:15 pm

I miss you too

didn't sleep a wink on the flight

Jack fell asleep for the last hour and a half

On Jun 11, 2008, at 12:40 PM, Misti Delaney wrote:

How is Bub holding up?

From: Rodney B. Smith

Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 12:47 PM

he's doing fine really

He's a bit impatient, but so am I

I also smell really bad

we'll be boarding in15 minutes or so

On Jun 11, 2008, at 12:46 PM, Misti Delaney wrote:

OK. Thanks for getting in touch. You'll be able to shower in a few hours.

I love you both! Kisses to Jack!

From: Rodney B. Smith

Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 1:00 PM

we arrive in Dallas at 4:45 michigan time and leave at 6:35

I'm looking forward to meeting you

you might come in, that way you can see if the flight is delayed

I'll try to check my mail at Dallas

On Jun 11, 2008, at 12:59 PM, Misti Delaney wrote:

I'll look for you in Dallas. ;)

From: Rodney B. Smith [mailto:rodsmith@delaney-smith.net]
Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:58 PM

in Dallas

exhausted but high spirited budgie in tow

he recites the goddess chant when he's happy

its great to be home

see you in Detroit

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!