25 January 2008

Fitness Update

Sadly, I have little to report on this.

Remember back when I commented that I really needed to get back to walking? Never did. The only part that I have stuck with is that I park at the far end of the parking lot, so I walk 1/4 mile to and from the car. And I suppose it could be significant that in the current temperatures, I am walking at a good clip.

Still, I felt so much better for the many months when I was walking a lot that I really do still want to get back to it.

I just got some more incentive this afternoon, too.

My hbA1c is up top 6.3 from the 5.0-5.5 that I prefer and my cholesterol is still in ned of work. My total is 198, which I consider just fine (though my doctor disagrees), but my LDL is 139, as opposed to the 100 I think it should be, and my HDL is way too low. Currently it's at 34 and I want it up to at least 60. That imbalance suggests a systemic inflammation. Of course some of that would be my totally irresponsible (and utterly fun) holiday indulgance. ;)

But while returning to eatign better (fewer cookies) will help a lot, walking also helps.

Work is busier than I think I have ever been, but I just ahve to work out a time that I can walk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!