18 May 2009

Yum! Cookies!

I encountered this recipe for Gluten-free Almond & Coconut Cookies cookies and I just had to try it! Of course, being me, I had to "adapt it" a little.

I replaced the rice flour with half coconut flour and half almond flour in an effort to make them even lower GI. (I have been trying to get away from grains as much as I can, because it makes it easier to lower the effect of a meal on my blood sugar.)

These cookies are fantastic! Just the right texture and just sweet enough -- as much a snack as a dessert, just like I like them. The recipe makes about a dozen cookies, so from now on, I'll be tripling it.

So, here they are:

Mamma's (new) famous low GI cookies:

3/4 cup butter or coconut oil
3/4 cup sugar
pinch salt
3 eggs
4 cups almond flour
2 cups coconut flour

Cream the warm butter and sugar together.
Add the eggs and salt and continue to cream together.
Add the almond flour and the coconut flours.
Roll into balls and bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 350 C for 15 minutes or until they're golden brown on the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!