22 June 2007

Drat: foiled again!

*sigh* I was doing well with my exercise program until last Thursday.

On Thursday, I woke up with such awful planta fasciitis that it was hard to walk to the bathroom. It cleared up by the time I got to the bathroom, of course, as PF does. But then, every time I sat down, I stood up to more pain.

*sigh* Wisdom is better than bravery, so I skipped my walk on Thursday. Friday it felt a little better -- I was still sore when I first stretched our my fascia (that band of tissue that connects your heel to your toes along the bottom of the foot.) after sitting or sleeping, but it abated pretty quickly, so I walked two of my three circuits and then stopped when it started to really hurt.

This week, it has started to hurt pretty consistently as I started into my second circuit. I've decided that if I push through the pain, I am more likely to hurt myself and far less likely to make the long haul with my walking habit, so I've been stopping at the end of the second circuit.

So this week's total is more like 7.5 miles. Oh well. That's a whole lot better than the 0 miles I was walking in May. ;) And this isn't *really* about walking a specific number of miles, it's about starting a habit I can live with for 20 or 30 or 40 years! (Yes, I like to think I might still be here and walking in my late 80s and beyond.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!