22 August 2008

More updates

The news about Mark continues to be good. When I talked to the staff in the ICU early yesterday, they were planning to move him off ICU and into the general wards since he was seeming to be quite well, aside from the pain. The nurse said "We're keeping him on ICU for 24 hours because the surgery was so invasive that we think it wise to keep him under close observation, but in this case it seems largely a formality."

Things are well here at Mark's place. Matt is able to distract himself from worry with the Olympics, though the deep, anxious furrow to his brow when I bring up his father's progress says volumes. He is very happy with the good news so far, but I can tell that there is an element of "heard that before" to his acceptance of it. That's OK, I have some of that, too.

Since Matt stays busy, I have been getting a fair amount of scrapbooking done -- and tonight, Rod will be here with Matt so I can spend some time with Jack. (Jack has proclaimed loudly that he doesn't miss me at all -- but last time he was angry at me for weeks after I got home. I am expecting the same this time. Fortunately, he a sensible little boy and he only remains angry while Rod is there for backup.)

Progress continues on Unit 1 of our curriculum. We decided that rather than putting a time limit on it, we would put together a unit that, if done consistently, could be done in a month. But if not, we finish when we finish and move on to Unit 2. It's a pretty deep curriculum and more time will actually be to the good. Anyway, I have ordered History Odyssey and once that comes in, I will complete Unit 1 and I will probably put that up on the web for public access. That way our school friends can see what our home school looks like -- and our home school friends can tell us we're crazy. *laugh* Like I said -- it's pretty deep, and Rod has strict orders to tell me what isn't working for them, so it an be dropped from future units. I'll only replace it if we agree that we need something on the topic, but that's not it.

Anyway, on to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!