04 December 2009

AAAargh!

AAAargh!


Jack and I got out the Yule decorations last night and started decorating the parlour.

 

Remember the sewer backup we had last spring?  The smelly one that I thought wasn't "too big a deal" because the sludge didn't get near anything but rugs? 

 

I was wrong. 

 

It was a big deal.

 

While none of the Yule stuff got *wet*, it was in tubs that were not vapor tight, and now a lot of the stuff smells like mold and some of it has a hairy coat.  I can hand wash the stuff that is made or porcelein, glass, or plastic, but I am at wits end about how to clean the ribbons and bows and intricate fabric ornaments.  I expect it involves a toothbrush -- and while I am sure I could get the visitble mold off just with brushing, I'm not sure it's worth doing if I can't skill the spores.  (Since it would then pose a threat to everything else every year in storage.)  I suspect that getting it wet would just make the situation worse.

 

I have some research to do.

 

*sigh*

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!