19 October 2007

Interesting fitness development

I am experiencing something delightful that I have never felt before...and it seems like a good development.

For some time (a week, perhaps) I have been waking up to realize that my arm and leg muscles are alternately tensing and releasing, increasing the circulation as I wake up. It feels really nice, and it seems to start just as I wake up (or at least, it hasn't wakened me before I wanted to get up yet) so I just noted it without worrying about it.

However this afternoon, about the time I would usually have started my walk, I noticed that my arms, legs, and back muscles were alternately tensing and relaxing, increasing circulation in a very pleasant way as i worked at my computer as if in preparation for my walk.

Today, because I went out to lunch, I didn't walk at 3 as I usually do, and I can feel my body "missing it". I have to say that reaching the point where regular exercise is something my body is actively enjoying is quite a treat -- I feel like I'm really on the right track as far as the type of exercise and the amount and frequency being about what my body needs right now.

I have some hand weights somewhere in the house. I have been looking for them, and once I find them I am planning to add a little weight training every few days. That made a big difference to me several years ago when I was working out in a gym regularly and I'd like to get that strong feeling back.

It's also about time to dig out the Richard Simmons video I bough early last spring and see what I can do about hooking the laptop up to the stereo so I can hear it well enough to play along. (It was too hot to dance over the summer, but gardening helped.)

(Yeah, I am feeling a LOT better than I was yesterday. I doubled up on my thyroid meds starting three days ago, so the symptoms are abating rapidly. It seems that slightly under my usual dose was causing trouble over time, so I'm stuck with slightly over that dose. I'll feel good for as long as the tablets last - and with any luck, I'll find a good doctor before they run out.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!