11 April 2008

The flu

I have the worst flu I've had in years. This week - -the second of the two weeks each year when I don't really have the option to stay home.

You see, I am the audit manager for my department and we have two of our annual audits in April.

Yuck.

And I'm sure the auditors and the folks being audited are just thrilled. I am taking tons of vitamin C, zinc, elderberry, and everything else I can think of to slow the germ spewing, but it sure ain't pretty.

As I say...yuck.

(The guy up there? He's Sunshine, a western lowland gorilla from the Detroit zoo. He was always my favorite -- he always looked so griumpy, and yet I observed him to be astonishingly gentle.

Sunshine died of the flu a few weeks ago. I probably won't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!