04 April 2008

Hey! We're published!

The Homeschool Diner's Guide to
Homeschooling Basics
Family Matters


When your parents don’t support your decision
to home educate your children

We'd all love our parents to support our choices (parenting choices,
especially) whole-heartedly. When we make the decision to home
school, we would love for our parents to see that we are doing the very
best thing for our kids and share our enthusiasm.

As both grandparents of two and parents to a four year old, our
experience suggests that blanket support of that kind is pretty rare.
Conflict with our parents over parenting decisions is something many --
maybe most -- people face. Sometimes our disagreements are about
school decisions, sometimes about discipline, sometimes about nutrition,
or television or ...well, you name it. If it’s a decision we have made, our
parents can find something wrong with it.

See the rest here

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!
    Maybe someday I'll be able to say that.
    btw - I'm glad for you about the plantlings, I can hardly wait to see your house (and the trike) in green again!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stephanie! I'm sure your time will come -- honestly, this one took me by surprise. I was just prattling on a home schoolers list when Julie saw something she thought had potential. She contacted me, I polished it up - -and here it is!

    Yeah, it's getting to be about that time, isn't it? ;) I will try to change out the banner one day soon. I miss seeing the house in green, too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Misty!! We're pretty pleased - -especially since we just got word that a second article was just accepted for a print magazine...

    ReplyDelete

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!