08 July 2007

Not really a party guy...

We took Jack to his friend, Serentity's, second birthday party yesterday.

Needless to say, he wasn't in the mood, and he didn't enjoy himself much.




He did, eventually, relax a bit.






I'd be a lot more concerned, except that i remember feeling pretty much the same way at parties. I wish I could say "when I was a kid", but a lot of the time, I still feel that way. I have gotten better at faking it, and I often do enjoy parties these days, as long as I know everyone. But I know how he feels and I find it hard to fault him for it.

Instead, we are trying to help him to develop the skills to survive socially, even if it takes a long time for him to actually enjoy social events. Like his Mamma, jack does fine in a group of people he knows well. For most purposes, that's probably enough for now.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!