21 July 2007

We Have Cauliflower!!

This is probably not astonishing news to anybody but us, however bear with us. This diminutive specimen turned up overnight on the 16th and is growing gangbusters, as are two more caulis. It started life at 2 1/2 inches (as measured by my petite little thumb).

Misti took on the gardening as her project with my input. Its not that I don't know anything about plants, or about gardening for that matter, its just that its not the sort of thing that gets me out of bed and excited in the morning.

Misti discovered a doable method which could result nutritionally superior plants, and that was enough to rev her engines.

I will freely admit to nodding patiently while remaining doubtful as she announced how good this and such mineral is an that fertilizer and so forth. However I have already worked out what happens when you throw the plants in the soil and water them.... not very much.... so I expected some improvement on that, but I was quite unprepared for the healthy, vital garden we have today.

I've got to say that her first garden in the first year is an amazing success. Sure, we've got a lot to learn about timing, planting and so forth, but the vitality and strength of these plants she has grown is outstanding. With a little more applied gardening savvy, I expect she'll do very well next year.

In the meantime, it looks like we'll get a taste of everything she planted, which is just amazing.


Take care

Rod

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!