08 November 2007

Fitness Update

Interesting thing I noticed today ...

I had to move inside for my walks earlier this week when it got just too cold and wet to walk outdoors with a book. Outdoors, the track is 1/2 mile. Indoors, the track is 1/5 of a mile.

When the increment is a half mile, there is an mild emotional block to adding another circuit. It feels like a lot. I did it, I went from one circuit to two, to three over the course of the summer.

But when the increment is only 1/5 of a mile, it's pretty easy to add another one because it doesn't feel like all that much. Over the course of the week, I went from 8/5 of a mile each day to 11/5 or 2 1/5 miles today. Because it was easy. Also,m because the track is a lot smoother, I am walking faster as I read, so it's not taking me much longer to walk 2 and a bit miles than it was a mile and half outdoors.

Hmm. Maybe instead of losing fitness over this winter, I'll actually make strides. Wouldn't that be cool?!?!? *happy grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!