06 February 2009

The most amazing of husbands...

As I mentioned yesterday, I am working long hours and coming home very tired.

Rod had been very supportive, and I am very grateful. But last night, I came home to find that, knowing how tired I was, he made made absolutely the most wonderful soup! It was perfect for a -12C evening; warm, with a rich, deep brown broth and slightly herby flavour. It had carrots and turnips and barley floating in it and I'm not sure what else, but it tasted as warm, delicious, and satisfying as a bracing hug in a high wind!

I am so lucky. He's cute, he's fun to talk to until all hours of the night, he's sweet, he's romantic .. .and he can and does outcook me at every turn!

Wow.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!