09 February 2009

So, where have we been?

I really thought I'd be back by now.

We are recovering well from the "whiplash". We cemented the emotional decision to stay put by heading out to IKEA to get a few things we'd been postponing--like pots and pans and a curtain rod or six. We have arranged with one of my most talented friends for help and (mostly) inspiration with painting a couple more rooms this spring. We're planning a big garden in hopes of filling the soup pots of many friends this summer.

Yes, we're recovering well.


Imbolg buds
On the other hand, the news from our siblings has been troubled. (Out of respect for our sibs' privacy, I am going to be vague here...) One of Rod's siblings is gravely ill, and we keep hoping for better news with every e-mail. One of my siblings is going through a heart wrenching time with his young family. So we have plenty to worry about.

I keep meaning to post about some cool discoveries we've made -- like kombucha, and the apple cider vinegar as the worlds greatest 'shampoo', and making our own cleaners and cosmetics...

But I am tired. Again. Work remains delightfully busy, but that means I am pretty tired by the end of the day.

Maybe tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a big garden this year!

    I'll donate a clump of oregano. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for a big garden this year!

    I'll donate a clump of oregano. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry to hear about the troubles in your extended family. I understand what an emotional toll that can take on a person.

    Would love to hear about your cosmetics and shampoo substitutes and such. Making my own soaps, bath scrubs, etc. has become my new hobby. It is one of my greatest pleasures in life. I just love playing with all the herbals, smells, colors and textures. The Scott Cunningham book you recommended has been great fun!!!
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!