12 January 2009

Oh, the irony...

I have been home for weeks ... so when do we get the stomach flu?
Yup.

All day yesterday, I felt "off". Not horrible, just tired and grumpy. Late last night I started feeling decidedly awful and by 11pm, I was very, very sick. Too sick even to call in -- every move triggered vomiting.

All night long I was so sick, and I finally forced myself to crawl to the phone and call in. By midnight, Rod was sick, too, though he held his own until mid-afternoon. But poor Jack has been essentially holding down the fort much of the day. Rod was able to stay awake, but not much more. Now I am upright, though still very, very ill. Jack will be making his own dinner.

Yuck. I am so glad is who he is...with most kids this would have been untenable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!