1/4 cup of olive oil
pinch of salt
2 tablespoons of honey
1 teaspoon of butter
ginger to taste (grated fresh or powdered)
1. Chop the carrots into similar sized pieces.
2. Toss the carrots in the olive oil to coat.
3. Remove the carrots from the oil to a roasting pan. (Refrigerate the oil to use again tomorrow.)
3. Salt the carrots lightly.
4. Roast them at 450 degrees for 30 minutes or until soft and starting to brown.
5. Once the carrots are cooked, melt the butter in a small pan.
6. When the butter is melted, add the honey and stir to blend.
7. Add the ginger a little at a time, tasting after each addition.
(We like 1 tablespoon of fresh *or* a teaspoon of ground. But that's a lot.)
Put the carrots in a serving bowl (or plate) and pour the sauce over them.
This series is to help out folks who know they should eat more vegetables but just aren't sure how to prepare vegetables in interesting ways.
Every Thursday, I plan to offer a recipe for a different vegetable or a different preparation style to help you expand your vegetable options without either working too hard or being bored to death.