31 December 2008

Colour experiments

Our adventures continue.

Yesterday was "colour day". Jack and I spent several hours playing with paints up in the craft room. I tried my hand at tole painting and Jack worked on colour combination, first on white paper - - and then in water. He voiced a lot of frustration at one point because the water had become so colour saturated that nothing he added made any difference. (That was when I first became awarw that he had lost interest in the painting part of our project.)

We discussed what he was trying to accomplish and I explained that paint was meant to colour paper, not water and so his results were going to be less than optimal. I asked if he wanted to clean up and go downstairs to experiment with mixing colour in water.

He thought that was a great idea, so off we went...


We started with three colours, and Jack was amazed that he could use purple, pink, and green to make "beer"! He later made it "apple juice" and was amazed that adding *more* colour made it lighter!

2 comments:

  1. nice!
    Maddie loveslovesloves making concoctions.
    She asked me again today if she can make explosions. (vinegar and baking soda with colors.)
    This will be the fourth day in a row, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We haven't done that in a long time...perhaps today would be a good day ...

    Thanks for the reminder Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!