11 December 2008

Solstice banner

It's finally finished!

I made a Solstice banner for the parlour. It's inspired by the Dia de los Muertos paper banners from Mexico, but instead of cutwork, I was lazy and used acrylic paint and stencils.

It's not perfect, but I quite like it. (Note to self...red on green looks decidedly brown!)

Interestingly, Jack wasn't interested in working on this one with me, but once he saw it, he decided that the kitchen needs one, too, so we'll work on that this weekend. (And also on a Yuletide garland or two or three...)

3 comments:

  1. That looks really great!
    My dd has a tendency to that - not want to help with something and then when it is done, want to do a dozen more! I think, sometimes, they have trouble visualizing it and then once it is done it clicks!
    Thanks for sharing and have a fantastic solistice!
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, G! You have a wonderful Solstice, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a cool idea. I will have to show my girls. Maybe they will want to make one on Solstice for our house. My guess is that they will liken it to those little prayer flags that they think the Dalai Lama sends lol.
    Gina

    ReplyDelete

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!