02 December 2008

Jhärtkorgar

Well, I did it.

I got all 70 Yule cards made by the first of December. The overseas cards are on their way and we'll wait a few more days to get the US cards out.

We never did get a holiday photo made and with all of us so sick, it seems unlikely that we will be able to before it gets silly to try to hold the cards. So no one gets a holiday family photo this year. Oh well. I'm sure we'll get one if we get to go to Sweden this year.
So now the cards are done (I didn't get a chance to photograph them ... I was still crafting away while we started the preparation and mailing process. Again, oh well. I did some for Bella and Leo that I thought came out cute, so maybe I can get a photo of those once the glitter and glue dries.)

With the flu lurking, cookies don't seem like a great idea, so since Stephanie has my imagination racing with her tres cool adventures with her kids, Jack and I have moved on. Last night we made Jhärtkorgar, a traditional Swedish Solstice decoration. Traditionally, they are filled with small treats and hung on the tree though since we don't do a tree, ours will hang from strings somewhere.

I am thinking we may move on to paper garlands and banners...and once my head clears, perhaps to a three dimensional paper snowflake...

And now, while I am not entirely better, it is time for me to get into the shower and back to work. For at least a part of the day.

(Oh, and my young guest blogger was over the moon that people responded to his first post! Thank you, Miss Karen, thank you Mr. Mark!) Of course, he insisted on posting again...and as far as I am concerned any writing is good writing. He dictates, of course. He'd have to concentrate too hard of he was also typing and he'd be done after two words. But this helps him to starting exercising his ability to pull his thoughts together.)

Edited to add, my goodness. It was pretty obvious that I was feverisah when I wrote this. My apologies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!