05 June 2010

Harbinger of growth and renewal

A young robin has decided to build a nest just outside our front door.

I watched all morning as I cleaned the kitchen and our little friend industriously carried in twigs and grass and wove them into a cozy place to raise baby robins. (I haven't had a very clear look at it, so I can't say for certain, but I think it's a "he".)
I don't know how long he's going to think that this was a good ideas, since that door sees a lot of traffic, but it's been delightful to watch! Even more deligtful, he stops from time to time to sing a beautiful song to establish tis as *his* territory.

Interestingly, a cardinal wanted to nest by the same door earlier this spring, but the amount of activity was a deterent.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

We're happy to hear from you; thanks!