I found this recipe and want to give it a try. Storing it here so I can find it again.
1 heaped tablespoon of finely grated fresh ginger
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup plain yogurt, drained slightly
1 dried red chilli
2 finely chopped onions
1 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp ground coriander
Pinch of ground black pepper
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
75g creamed coconut
salt, to taste
2 heaped tbsps almond flour
finely chopped Coriander Leaves, to garnish
juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Cut the chicken cut into pieces
2. Mix the chicken with the ginger, garlic and yogurt. Cover and marinade for 12 hours or more.
3. Liquify the onion and chillies, add a little water if you need to. blend til smooth.
4. Heat the ghee in a saute pan.
5. Add the ground coriander, ground black pepper, turmeric and garam masala. Saute for about 1-minute over low heat.
6. Turn up the heat, add the onion and chilli paste and saute for 10-minutes.
7. Add the chicken and the marinade and continue to cook for another 10-minutes.
8. Add the creamed coconut and enough water to *just* cover the chicken and bring to a simmer, stirring until the coconut is dissolved. Stir in the ground almonds.
9. Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and simmer until the chicken is cooked.(30-40 minutes).
10. Remove from heat, add lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix well.
Hi! We're new here!
1 day ago